Thursday, February 18, 2010

Music

Today's post is about music. I work in the Slide Library of my University's Fine Art department, and I edit the slides/files so they have a uniform look to them and there is minimal dirt on them. The professors use these images in their presentations and for class assignments. I like working here, as I get to see a lot of art by people I didn't know before. But anyways, the music related part of this, is GrooveShark.

Grooveshark is my savior at work. You just type in an artist name and they show you everything they have on them, and you can just listen to them all without having to go back to it all the time. Currently, my playlist consists of Mariana's Trench, Faber Drive, Reliant K, the GazettE and Linkin Park.

Front:
Matchbox 20 - Yourself or Someone Like You (1996)
1. real world
2. long day
3.  3 am
4. push
5. girl like that
6. back 2 good
7. damn
8. argue
9. kody
10. busted
11. shame
12. hang

Another CD track list I raided from my step-dads vast collection. Matchbox 20 are a unique band, and I like them. Not as interesting as Barenaked Ladies, but thats a hard one to beat. :]

Back:
 I got tired of writing out the individual track lists for all the CD's I wanted, so I started just writing the artist, album name and year released.

Alterbridge - One Day Remains (2004)
Jann Arden  - Blood Red Cherry (2000)
Val Halen - Best of Both Worlds
One hit Wonderful (2003) - compilation CD
Forty Foot Echo - debut CD (2003)
Daughtry - debut CD (2006)

I LOVE this album by Jann Arden. "Waiting in Canada" and "Cherry Popsicle" are both amazing songs.

Johann's Projects:
Project 3 - Morbid Mobile
- dead animals
- razor blades?

Project 4 - Miyavi Portrait?

I enjoyed working on these two projects last term. My morbid mobile is a baby mobile over a crib, but it has a dead mouse, a cat skull, a severed finger and a "lucky" rabbits foot. The assignment was to put an object where it does not belong, and talk about the new relationship created from this juxtaposition. Mine was about the desensitization of children at an early age. Media and the public no longer protect our kids from the dangers of the world, from the horrible things they are too young to be learning about. Young kids should not hear about rape and murder and ways to torture another living thing. They should be kept innocent for as long as possible. Allow them to enjoy their childhood for what it is, before breaking their hearts with the "real world."
I'll post the picture of it in my next post, when I am at home and able to take a picture of it.

The Miyavi portrait, I chose to do for our self directed assignment. The only rule was a minimum size and it had to have an element of high contrast. I will also upload a picture of this when I post next.

I got a grade of 85 on both assignments in my final folio, which is good considering how many issues I have with the professor.

Today's Events:
I'm working while waiting for my screens to dry to I can finish cleaning them. They were getting stained from use, and apparently the glue holding the screen fabric on can sometimes drip onto the screen after many uses, and it either attracts emulsion or repels it. In my case, it was repelling the emulsion, and when I was exposing my images, the emulsion was washing away in certain spots. Unfortunately I could not reposition my image to not have a drip in it, so I'm having to do a 2 coat cleaning process.
don't know what the chemicals are, but I put the first one on over 1.5 ours ago and it's still not dry. It will probably take another hour to dry, then I can put the second chemical on, and wash it off almost immediately.

Also, my cat is still missing. I got a horrible prank call about her on Monday that made me cry with it's content. The caller told me my cat had been hit by a truck and it was a big mess. What a horrible person to want to upset a stranger for loving an animal enough to put up posters when they go missing. I hung up on him, and his friend called back a few minutes later to apologize. It didn't make me feel any better. I don't know who either of them are, but I hate them for making me picture my cat as a squishes pile on the road in front of a McDonald's.

That is all for today. I have to get back to work. I've been typing in between images.

No comments: