I've always wanted to keep a blog. Not just a "what I did today" blog, because I suck at keeping those. But recently I've been thinking about things I write down in my everyday life. And I usually write them in a handy coil-bound note book I keep in my purse/bag.
So to get me going with this whole blog thing, I will begin blogging about 1 page of my notebook(front and back) in each entry.
This particular notebook has kept my notes since this summer. I usually write no dates in here, and mostly just open it to a random page and write. So they are in no particular order.
Front side
The first page is my Flight Plan for going to Newfoundland, Canada this past summer to visit my mom. For those of you who don't know me, I am currently living in British Columbia, Canada.
Kelowna --> Calgary --> St Johns --> Calgary --> Kelowna
Aug 13 Leave Kelowna 8:45pm
Arrive Calgary 10:39pm
Leave Calgary 11:10pm
Aug 14 Arrive St Johns 8:05am
Aug 29 Leave St Johns 8:50am
Arrive Calgary 11:25am
Leave Calgary 4:30pm
Arrive Kelowna 4:27pm
*note: all times are local times for that area.
I would also like to mention that my best friend was pregnant and due before I left. She was born on the 15th of August. I was at a movie with my mom when I got the text and picture of her and the baby, but I didn't check it until after the movie finished. I bawled my eyes out the entire way out of the theatre/mall to the car. She is such a beautiful baby, and I wish very badly that I could have been there for her and her mom.
Reverse side of page
I explored Cosmo's website while talking to my boyfriend on MSN, and wrote down some of their "Cheap Date Ideas".
In no particular order, heres what I liked:
- bike ride in park (with a picnic lunch)
- baseball game (maybe not major league, to keep it "cheap")
- yard sale hunting (in richer communities for the best stuff. :])
- rollerskating
- fruit picking at a U-Pick farm.
- drive-in movie
- bookstore bonding
- bowling
- build something together
- go to a carnival
- Restaurant.com for current deals and specials in your area
- chocolate/candy factory tour
- hauntedhouse.com or scary movies
- cook favourite dinners together
- pot luck with another couple
- petting zoo
- go to a flea market
- play 20 Questions, and write them down before hand
- go to an art gallery (or even better, art gallery opening)
Thats it for that page. I have more Cheap Date Ideas on the next page, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.
Todays event:
Today celebrates the first day of OutWeek on my University campus, and perhaps all across Canada. The Rainbow flag was raised, and speeches were given from a few school communities in support of the LGBTQ community. My roommate designed a rad t-shirt to sell this week for the Pride Centre.
That's all for now, folks.
Monday, February 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment